Here at G Choir, we have a strong vision of encouraging many people to express their faith through gospel music and experiencing the joy of singing, in the hope that our members will feel Gods love through the participation of gospel music and belonging to our choirs.
We rehearse once a month on Thursday evening 7.00pm to 10.00pm.
This will generally be the first Thursday of every month. Our venue/s is Hessle Town Hall however occasionally we may need to change our rehearsal location and time.
1. Can you hold a harmony with others if you are taught, you must have great pitching?
2. Would you like to find out more about the Gospel Music and why it is so powerful and loved as a genre of music?
3.Do you want to want to express your faith through gospel music?
4. Do you have great rhythm?
5. Would you be interested in taking part in our varied performances both locally and around the North of the UK? (We would of course always give notice of this)
6. Are you able to commit are able to attend all rehearsals? (These would be twice a month in Hull on Saturday and one Thursday evening all dates will be confirmed with you)
7. Are you are able to self-learn harmonies at home? This is very important as you would be expected to know your harmonies after a rehearsal for the following session.
8. Are you able to keep in time, clap, dance, move, sing and express your joy for the music through your music?
9. Are you a soprano, alto or *tenor (*Male or female)? Sorry, we do not have a bass section. You must be able to sing in a tenor range, please.
10. Would you like to be pushed and take your singing ability to the next level? You will be taught voice Technique and pushed to achieve a gospel sound. We aim to raise the bar with our singers often it will be fun however the emphasis is on achieving the absolute best we can and each individual striving for improvement.
If you answered yes to all of these questions please fill in our application form and we will get back to you in inviting you to a session. In order to successfully run our organisation, we rely on our members to jointly contribute to organisational fees, room hire, the many costs associated with an effective organisation etc.
You will be asked to support our ministry financially through our direct debit scheme of £12 per month.
We rehearse once a month one Friday evening 7.00pm to 10.00pm. This will generally be the first Friday of every month. Our venue/s will be Hull based however we will give notice of these well in advance.